Register with the Greek National Startup Registry
The National Startup Registry is the official record of startups in Greece. The Registry aims at monitoring startup entrepreneurship progress based on specific KPIs, at supporting them with benefits and incentives, and to operate as a dashboard of metrics to attract investors from Greece and abroad!
Is your startup eligible?
Check the prerequisites for registration to see if your startup is eligible to be accepted
- Legal form: PC or LLC or SA with headquarters in Greece, or having a subsidiary or a branch in Greece (with a Greek VAT number), if headquarters are not located in Greece.
NOTE: single person PC or LLC are not eligible for registering
- The company has not been running for more than 8 years since its establishment, counting from the date the application for registration with the National Startup Registry was submitted.
- The company employs fewer than 250 employees Full-Time Equivalent during the last year of operation, as recorded through the ERGANI information systems of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
- The annual turnover, as recorded in the financial statements of the previous fiscal year may not exceed the amount of 50 million Euros.
- Technological innovation in products, services and/or an innovative business model, taking advantage of the latest technologies available.
- Existence of few competitors (startups or very few major companies). It is clarified that the term “competitors” refers to companies offering solutions with similar advantages but not simply firms catering to the same market in general.
- Innovative enterprises are those whose primary activity relates to Research and Innovation and aims at patenting Intellectual Property Rights with prospects of commercial exploitation (“knowledge-intensive enterprises”).
- Evaluators examine whether the business model and/or technology allow for rapid scalability. The main company’s product/service is standardised, or may be easily, standardised. Consulting/design services or tailor-made solutions are not considered scalable.
Fast Track Procedure
Eligibility for Fast Track registration
Fill in the online application on the Elevate Greece platform. Please, attach the necessary solemn declaration and documentation as stipulated in the Joint Ministerial Decision.
The submission procedure for 2020 is open throughout thee year.
Enterprises rejected may re-apply
What are the benefits for startups?
Fill out your profile – gain international visibility and promote your innovative products and services
Support Measures offered by State Authorities
Stay tuned for state-aid schemes and other support measures
Receive funding from Venture Capital Funds and Angel Investors
Take advantage of opportunities to network with innovation community players and explore synergies within the innovation ecosystem
Receive updates on events and business missions
Job Openings/Employment Vacancies
Find highly-talented personnel using the platform
** Please, note: Entering the Startup Registry does not automatically make your company eligible for State Benefits available. Applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis whenever relevant initiatives are launched.